Sunday, June 17, 2012

June Captured Moments Card Class

I can't believe I never posted my June cards for the Captured Moments class.  Oh well, better late than never.  The class was great fun.


In this card, I demonstrated the use of alcohol inks on glossy paper to make a marbled and metallic look.  The beautiful Paper Parachute stamp is added with Memento black ink.


This beautiful summery patriotic card uses a Printworks stamp on watercolor paper and was painted with distress reinkers. Love this stamp.


This card uses some techniques reviewed in the Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry class.  We stamped the bird with distress ink then embossed it with clear embossing powder,  Next, we blended distress inks on the tag, then topped it off with russet Archival and black Memento inks.  Some people chose to leave the embossed image and buff off the top layer of inks.  Others ironed off the embossing powder and had a flat surface with a masked look.


The final card used paper piecing.  The pear collage is one stamp which was stamped on the brown paper.  Then it was stamped again on several different patterned papers and we used some distress markers to color in some of the designs.  I like the look.

I've loving the group that joins me on the second Saturday of the month.  We have a solid group the meets and plays together.  I'm able to show some people new techniques and we share creative ideas.  Thank you ladies for a wonderful way to spend Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment