Saturday, March 31, 2012

Creative Chemistry 101 Day 7

Day 7 was fun! Three things I loved and I used things I've own and never used before. This nostalgic batik technique was so fun. I pulled out a craft iron I bought when Stampassion closed (for $3) and never used. After embossing with clear embossing powder I ironed the image with paper between under the iron and it lifted the embossing powder. So cool. I love this effect.


The rusted enamel technique is also fun but I wasn't thrilled with the sample. I wish I had spread the colors better but frankly I was getting tired so I used what I had. It shows the technique and I learned how to make it better. This makes a great background.

I only own three bottles of distress embossing powder and would you believe I have two bottles of walnut stain. Again, at least it's a color I can use a lot of. This product is so amazing. Once you emboss it you can rub away the resist crystals and you get a sandpaper finish. Love it.

A good day.

1 comment:

  1. oh boy! You're inspiring me. Come by for some puddin n pie anytime!
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/04/uhmthats-where-i-store-light-bulbs.html

    ReplyDelete