Wednesday, March 7, 2012

April Card Class at Captured Moments


For the April card class at Captured Moments, I decided to use all Magenta stamps. Magenta is one of my favorite companies from long ago. I've taken classes with Natalie at Stampassion and always stop at their booth when I'm at an expo. I have my stamps organized by genre except for my favorite companies and my Magenta stamps are mostly together. I have a section of stamps for backgrounds and I use a lot of Magenta stamps for that purpose.

I've purchased Magenta papers in 8 1/2 x 11 and 12x2 sized and I'm accumulated lots of their stickers. Like most crafting hoarders I don't want to part with them because I probably can't get them again. My new philosophy is to use them and enjoy them. There's always something new coming along I'll want as well.


The first card uses a stamp I picked at Stampassion and I fashioned this card after a sample I saw there. The bottom is a pretty pink textured patterned paper by SEI that I picked up at the sale rack at Michael's. The paper ribbon is silver metallic Stampin' Up! paper punched with a Martha Stewarts punch. The layers are old Stampin' Up! mellow moss and lovely lilac papers (yes I'm using them up). The base card is a gold metallic Recollections card from Michael's. Stamped in black versafine ink and colored with Prismacolor pencils.

The second card features a stamp I picked up at the Springfield show last year. Because the one flower is the solid color of ink I always envisioned it with black and red. I used Memento ink because I planned to color with Copics. I used a bright orange/red and then a deep red and outlined with a cool gray. The main image is edges with silver photo corners then layered on black, silver metallic, and mounted to a deep red Recollections card.

The third time is all about blues. I love a monochromatic card. The base card is blue which is has blue Smooch spritzed. Two different Magenta papers are layered on black. The stamped image is one I bought at the Syracuse show last summer stamped with blue Mememto ink on a light blue paper, also layered on black. There's some blue and grey Copic coloring here, but minimally. I think the image is beautiful in a simple format. I used a bird sticker (black) that I also picked up at the Springfield show. This card is a version of a card I saw on Splitcoaststampers so props to this designer.

This is my favorite of the four. I loved this stamp when I saw it and bought it in Springfield. Then I realized it had French writing which I couldn't understand. When I went to the Syracuse show I asked Natalie's husband what the stamp said and he told me it was only bird chatter. So if I've sent an unpleasant message, forgive me. This is all one stamp which I stamped twice on cream paper with versafine sepia ink. I colored the frame on both copies, then cut out the frame of one and mounted it on the other. I finished coloring the whole image on the bottom layer then cut out the leaves with an craft knife. There is a Magenta paper behind the open images and then it's mounted on another Magenta paper. More layers and some bling in the flower centers.

The class is $12 for four cards. You can register for the class by calling Captured Moments at (518) 356-7985 or email them at http://www.capturedmomentsstore.com/about-us/contact/ . You can also email me at jetsfan88@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment