Saturday, March 31, 2012

Creative Chemistry 101 Day 3

Creative Chemistry 101 Day 3 features one of my favorite technique-Alcohol Ink Agates. Why don't I think to use this one more often, it's so easy and always stunning. The only thing I don't like about this sample is that I don't like the clear stamps anywhere near as much as I like good old red rubber stamps. The Stampers Anonymous sets are pricy so I've tried getting the sets at Michael's and their competitors because I can get them on sale. But this class showed me that my favorites are still the original style of stamps. Uh oh.

Technique 2 is Archival Resist. As a Copic lover, I lean to Memento inks and don't have any Archival other than black and brown. Truthfully I don't have much more in the Memento so this was limited by the available colors. My favorite part is a small section in the upper right corner, hard to see, where I used Angel Pink Memento and it really showed the resist. Michael's has the Memento colors in sets so I'm putting the lighter colors on my wish list.

The final technique is one I'll definitely be using again because I combined stamping and embossing folders. I think I have a few of those, lol. Again, a great technique to show at Michael's since we sell TH embossing folders and distress inks.



No comments:

Post a Comment