Saturday, March 31, 2012

Creative Chemistry 101 Day 8

Dabbers, Sticky Back canvas and crackle paint, oh my. I love all things Claudine Helmuth. I took an on line class with her and took a class at Stampassion with her product and I've learned to love this stuff. So here is the paint dabber resist sample.

Then on to crackle paint. I've seen Tim say that if the crackle paint dries out add water. A couple of weeks ago when I found some on sale at Michael's, I pulled out the stash and checked them all, adding water to them. In the class, Tim said if you have one that's dried out, take a picture and send it to Ranger for a refund. I gave it one more college try to deal with the tattered rose bottle and while it wasn't great, it's good enough. The base of this is that tattered rose. It's a little lumpy but it's getting to be the right consistency and the end result is fine.

Finally, I cut some chip board leaves and used the rock candy crackle paint then colored them with distress ink and the blending tool. I love this and it's a great way to use scraps of chip board. I say a great post on Tim's blog (can't find it now) where he used chip board die cuts and I'm looking forward to making some samples. This was a great start. More to follow.....








1 comment:

  1. oh, thank you for the techniques. My Michaels had the crackle paint on sale and bought SOOOO much of it!! haha! I'll have it for a long time!

    ReplyDelete