Thursday, July 1, 2010

To Love and to Cherish




I made this folder to hold a card and gift for a colleague and his wife when they recently married. The folder includes Anna Griffith papers which coordinate beautifully and are so elegant. The cover has a silver circle tag with a silver vellum sticker. Inside, I embossed a chipboard heart (their name is Valentine!) with silver embossing powder and added a rub on quote that I've always loved: Come grow old with me, the best is yet to be. The tag and pocket were just an embellishment for the side to hold the gift (lots of cash!).

The card uses a discontinued DeNami stamp, which I love, layered on shimmery papers, both silver and ivory columns. I've included Memory Box ivory pearl accents and a DeNami sheer white/silver ribbon with a touch of silver cording.

This was really fun and easy to make. The whole folder is just one 12x12 piece of cardstock scored, folded and covered with scrapbook paper. It looks totally different with a change of paper. I love having something unique to present a gift of cash or a gift card because it makes the gift more personal. Congratulations Jason and Christa!

No comments:

Post a Comment