Tuesday, July 27, 2010

At Home with Claudine Hellmuth


I've enrolled in an online course for 12 weeks with collage artist Claudine Hellmuth. Claudine's mixed media techniques are unique and versatile. I used some of her products in classes at Stampassion, but now that I've ventured further into mixed media art, I'm using her techniques even more. Many pages in Laura's journal include Claudine's paints which I purchased at the closing sale at Stampassion. Super rich pigments and textures. These products make me feel like a real artist. Unfortunately, the products aren't available anywhere locally now but I've found online sources and the ladies at Scrappin' and Stampin' in Bridgeport carry her products and now I know how to get there easily.

I'll be posting the technique book as it evolves. I'm really grateful to be spending my summer with Claudine. She's on Facebook, Twitter, her own blog and posting to the classroom. I don't know how she does it!

Here's a sample of the larger project we're working on. My work to follow.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a fun project! I look forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete