Friday, March 29, 2013

First Card Class at Art Smarts

While I'm sad to lose Captured Moments storefront for my card classes, I'm fortunate that Art Smarts in Latham has agreed to hold my classes there.  We'll continue to have a Saturday morning class and will also have one weekday evening class.

The second Saturday of the month will offer cards in any genre, stamp company, or technique.  It's a way for me to whip up something with materials already in my studio.  You may see some repurposed layouts from the rubber stamp company or something else I've scrap lifted from photos or the internet.  Some will clean and simple and some will highlight a new product or technique.  Class is from 9-11 AM and costs $15 for four cards.

The fourth Wednesday of the month will offer cards primarily using Stampin' Up! products.  At this class, I offer free shipping on any Stampin'Up! order placed that month and $10 credit for bringing a friend that is not already a customer from my previous classes.  This class is also four cards/projects for $15.

Here is a sample of cards included in a previous class.


This clever ladies asks only "hold me, grip me, cherish me......pretend that I'm a golf club".  Many customers say this would be appropriate in their relationship.  It's mirrored from a card previously seen at Stampassion and the image is from Emerson.  It's simply the image stamped in black Memento ink, some coloring with Copic markers, photo corners, cork sheets, and precut scalloped card. Other clever Emerson stamps will be used in future classes.



Stampin' Up!'s Mixed Bunch stamp set is used here.  The basic card is pool party and the flowers are stamped with brown ink on melon mambo, daffodil yellow, and lucky limeade.  The coordinating punch was used to pop out the flowers and they have a color coordinated buttons in the center. The designer series paper is currently in the occasions flyer and the patterns are wonderful.  These sheets show umbrellas and a coordinating green paper.  It could easily be 'April showers bring May flowers' but I used a Stampin' Up! set that included "Spring".  It's topped off with some yellow bakers twine.



This card is a nod to Kiwi Lane's designer templates.  If you aren't familiar with their products, check out their website and they explain framing a piece of work.  In this piece we used some fabulous Stampin' Up! designer series paper and the Sentiments and Thoughtful templates, along with the balloon template, to make this bright card.  Some SU brown bakers twine was tied around the base of the card.  Each piece was varied depending on what paper you pick and how you layer them.  This piece was created by newbie turning pro stamper Theresa Knaspik.  Thanks for sharing your piece.

Last but not least was a little bird house made from the Stampin' Up! milk carton die recently offered in a blog give away and won by veteran stamper Eileen O'Dell.  Sadly I left the sample at Art Smarts to show off to customers but it was modeled after this clever piece I discovered on Pinterest.  OK, we skipped the coloring on the bird and went for plain colored birds but wouldn't this be great with some Easter basket shred and candy eggs?


Class dates and times will be posted on my blog below.  Please contact me directly to register at 518-860-8970 or jetsfan88@aol.com.  Looking forward to the upcoming classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment