Saturday, March 2, 2013

Final Card Class at Captured Moments, sniff....

Today I completed my final card class at Captured Moments.   I've been doing this class for exactly one year.  My first class was March 2012.

In that time, I've really enjoyed working with the Captured Moments family, most especially Tara. She's helped post class samples and notices, sent out email announcements, scanned cards and displayed them in the store, and holds down the store while we have our class.  Kudos to Nick, scrapdaddy, for covering when Tara is at Crop A Lot.

I'm also thrilled to have met so many new people, some previous Capture Moments customers, and others that had never been there but love making cards.  We've even had customers new to the store that never stamped before.  I've loved teaching and I hope everyone learned some things alone the way.

Best of all, I've had folks follow me to Michael's and will be following me to Art Smarts.  I'm lucky to have a chance to do something I love with like minded people and I've learned from them as well.

So.....here are the Easter/Spring cards from today's class.  Since February's class was cancelled due to snow, I've decided to rework them a little for the April class.  I'll be posting them as well.

First up is a Memory Box card that features both their stamps and their luscious papers.  Their samples tend to be simple, highlighting the stamps and paper.  For this card, I used three papers from the 'Frond' paper pack.  Each was edged with a different color Memento ink.  The bunny was stamped on the darker green paper then stamped again on a lighter green paper.  The bunny is cut from the lighter paper and layered on top.  A little moonlight Smooch on the tail and a little purple Smooch on the watering can.  Finally a few pastel tiny buttons on the side and a Memory Box spring sentiment in the bottom corner.


Next up is another Memory Box stamp perfect for Easter.  Hard to believe I bought this stamp and never used it.......ever done that?  The tree is stamped with ColorBox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan.  The 'Happy Easter' is on the side of this stamp and it's added to the piece with purple Memento ink.  The piece is edged with the same ink.  Then the eggs were painted with PearlEx pastel paints.  Perfect for this image.  It's popped up on a layer of heart patterned paper, a little carmel paper layer, then the purple paper base.



The third card is a DeNami card.  My first class was all DeNami cards and I had to have one for this class.  The Easter egg set was used with Versamark ink on the lilac pastel base.  I omitted the basket and only used the grass and two eggs.  The center piece has a layer of purple paper punched along the edge, a light green layer, the the top layer of white paper.  The chickie basket was stamped three times with Memento London Fog ink then colored with light colored Copic markers.  A little glue on top with some glitter and the Happy Easter stamp from DeNami.  This card was featured in one of there previous card kits.


Finally, a card with really no stamping, which was featured on the Authentique facebook page.  I love their paper and scooped up this kit when it came in.  I love blue and brown together and I was so glad to have Easter paper that's not too cute.  A beige card based was used with the right two corners rounded.  The bunny layer is a 1/4 inch less than the base and layered flush on the left side to show as strip of the base card.  The bunny layer also has rounded corners on the right side.  Then a layer of the dotted paper is added with beige rectangle on top, all corners rounded.  The center bunny was punched form the same paper as the background.  The top right has two small flags, dotted paper then beige, with a beige button added.  Finally, we died white seam binding with Distress Stain in blue, crinkled it up, and made a bow.  I LOVE this card and I'm going to need more of this paper.  I'll be watching Authentique for more card ideas.


That's it.  Again, this class will continue on the second Saturday of the month at Art Smarts at Hoffman's Playland, but will start at 9 AM.  Register for my Art Smart classes directly with me.  The fee is $15 for four cards with envelopes.  Looking forward to seeing you there.


No comments:

Post a Comment