Sunday, July 15, 2012

May Captured Moments Card Class

Wow, I just realized I never posted the May cards for the Captured Moments class.  This class was all about another favorite company, Memory Box, either using the dies or a combination of dies and stamps.  Here they are:


This care uses a Blank Ticket Tag die which coordinates with the Blank Ticket stamp.  After stamping the image on Memory Box paper, I die cut it and mounted it on My Mind's Eye papers.  A little Stampin' Up seam binding, button, and phrase and you have a super simple, super beautiful card.


For the second card I used a Judikins embossing powder blend with the Blank Museum Tag.  This also coordinates with a Memory Box die which has a brown brad added.  The owl is stamped on Memory Box paper and more Memory Box papers are used in the background. A little phrase along the edge and you have another beautiful, easy card.


This most difficult thing on this card is removing the circle flower dies from the paper :)  I used green gate fold cards I picked up at Michael's for a dollar and added a strip of Memory Box yellow gingham paper along the left panel.  The vine is made using the Whimsy Circle Die cut twice on Anna Griffin patterned paper.  The circles are mounted on a small punched circle of Magenta brown pattern paper and I stamped an old favorite flower from Magenta in the center on a scrap of the gingham.  By overlapping the two circles it looks like a flower.  The phrase is simply stamped and punched to balance the piece.


I doesn't get more simple or striking than this.  I used two Memory Box dies: Selena butterfly (patterned paper) and Maribelle butterfly (black paper).  I used some of my hard to part with A Muse heavyweight black shimmer paper for the background and die and some copper lightweight shimmer paper behind the butterfly.  I stamped an old Inkadinkadoo stamp on the copper with Staz-On black ink and used a small circle punch to make the corners like a ticket.  I typed the word FLY on paper and printed in from my computer.  Love this one.

That's it in a nutshell.  I have several of these kits available for sale if you are interested.  Thanks for stopping by.

PS, all of these stamps and dies are available at Stampassion.com plus dozens and dozens more.

No comments:

Post a Comment